Look Link

A selection of links to the best, most interesting stuff on the web.

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Psychic Novel Explores Journey Into Mysterious Trans-Dimensional Portal

Setup: A disbelieving author hooks up with a talented psychic, whose powerfulnesses turn by orders of magnitude when she and her closest friends take a trip through a portal on the outskirts of Sedona, Ariz. This celebrated portal, which have go a portion of the Sedona mythology, is supposedly located on some ancient Indian ruins, according to the novel.

"A priest-doctor I cognize told me what the seniors believe," states Leela quietly. "He said that this room access is where the liquor of the mountain made the journeying between their human race and ours." She folds her eyes and travels soundless for what looks like forever. The heat energy is stifling. "I have got a feeling it's compensate around this corner."

We travel around a immense rectangular hunk of stone just beyond the Zia symbol. Dead end. Or is it? In the shadows formed by the stone is a small alcove, totally in darkness. I interrupt out my torch and expression around. A stone bench, unusual markers on the wall, a gloomy, damp, eery feeling. I back out quickly, bumping my butt end against a jutting rock.

"That's the portal?" I inquire Leela in amazement. "Do we just travel in there and then go through through solid stone into the twenty-third dimension, or what?"

She laughs. "No, silly, we don't go through through anything, except maybe clip and space. You just sit down down on the stone bench, stopping point your eyes, travel inside, and quiet the mind. Just like meditating in the reddish rocks. Go as quiet as you can, and see what happens. I'll travel first. If I'm not out in, say, 15 minutes, come up in and acquire me."

Leela comes in the alcove. The remainder of us plop down in the hot sun with our dorsums against a reddish rock. It must be at least 100 grades out here. I look at Hacker; he shrugs and agitates his head. I look at Jill; she is grinning from ear to ear, as if she is in line for the best Vitamin E ticket drive at Walt Disney World. My bosom is pounding. I stand up up and gait back and forth in the little space.

In less than somes minute Leela lurches out, looking about half-mad, a ill-proportioned smile creasing her face. "Omigod! Omigod!" is all she pulls off to say. I catch her and throw her tightly adjacent to me. She is trembling and soaked with sweat. "How long was I gone?"

"About a minute. What happened in there?"

"It felt like hours, maybe days, years, eons, difficult to say. I'll t-t-tell you later what happened. But I was right! I was right! Great Supreme Being Almighty, I was freakin right!"

What Leela is right about is the being of a nefarious secret plan by a cult of paranoid, super-wealthy do-gooders. They take to take down the wealthiest state on Earth (not the U.S.) using the planet's whirl energy. It falls upon Leela to salvage the human race from economical collapse.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home