Look Link

A selection of links to the best, most interesting stuff on the web.

Friday, September 12, 2008

Olga - The Kind of Woman a Man Secretly Wishes His Wife Was Like

I am a 30-something, well-educated, reasonably successful man. Type A pretty good hubby and father to boot. Even though I have got been happily married to my college sweetie for nearly 10 years, I can't halt thought about a opportunity brush I had with Olga.

Today is the 4th Wednesday. The 4th Wednesday is the twenty-four hours I acquire my hair cut at the salon. Yes, I am a cat and I acquire my hair cut at a salon. Ernie, the proprietor of the salon, is our local "hair stylist to the stars". Ernie's a "dye" man. Celebrities come up from all over to have got Ernie "return" their hair to its "original" color. I travel to Ernie because when he was first starting out he had eventide hours that accommodated my work schedule. I have got stayed with him more than out of wont than anything else.

This narrative isn't about Ernie. In fact, I only advert Ernie because the "ultra hip aura" of his new salon looks so strangely juxtaposed against my first meeting with Olga.

Right after leaving the salon (this Wednesday just so happened to be the 3 twelvemonth day of remembrance at the new and improved location), I decided to halt for a speedy bite to eat on the manner back to the office. I ended up in the drive-thru line at a fast nutrient joint. Not the best of fair, but convenient for the thrust back to the office.

While waiting to put my order I noticed a adult female standing in the drive-thru lane. At first, I was miffed. I intend "what the Hell is this lady doing? Are she an idiot? The drive-thru lane is for cars." Her name was Olga. I establish this out as soon as I rounded the edifice towards "window 1".

Nothing to worry about here ladies. Olga was not physically beautiful in any way. Not the manner you seek to be. She hadn't been "young" and "firm" for many old age - if ever at all. Yet, truth be told, I can't retrieve the last clip a adult female so thoroughly captivated me in the manner that Olga did.

Actually, when I pulled around to the side window to pay I nearly hit Olga with my car. She had been leaning on a little shopping cart and almost didn't acquire out of the manner in time. Almost. When she turned to confront me I could just state she had had a difficult life. I don't cognize how old she was but she looked about 75, nearly twice my age. She was slovenly dressed. She was wearing an old, soiled army tank top and no bra. This was apparent because both of her breasts were exposed for all the world. Her shirt hung loosely from her thin framework betraying the secret that her clothing had not been washed in weeks.

The immature miss at "window 1" yelled to Olga. "Olga, base over to the side and go forth the autos alone." Olga dutifully moved to the rear of my car. Olga was not person used to fighting back. I stared at Olga. I was unafraid that she would mind.....as I said, she was not person used to fighting back.

I clumsily opened my billfold to pay for my repast and asked the immature miss if I could purchase Olga a lunch. "Naw" she said. "That's just Olga. She have a home. She's just not correct in the head." She swirled her finger in a round movement to stress her point.

Fate? Luck? Who knows. When I opened my bag I realized that I had been given the incorrect food. Gallic french fries instead of the onion rings I had ordered. I knocked on "window 2", and told a different miss about the mistake. Instead of exchanging onion rings for Gallic french french fries she simply gave me the onion rings and told me to "keep the fries".

I was still watching Olga in the rear-view mirror....if lone to guarantee I had enough clip to revolve up the window should she come up too close. Actually, "gawking" is probably a more than liable description. As I pulled away I felt strangely unsettled. Instead of turning right towards the street, Iodine turned left and headed back around the building.

Here was this woman, so thin I could see her ribs... so thin that her open breasts didn't even titillate me.... And now I have got this other order of Gallic fries.

Even though it was the center of a busy luncheon hr there was a little "lull" and the drive-thru was empty. By this clip Olga had worked her manner to the corner of the restaurant. She just sort of stood there.

My head struggled with this for much longer than I'd wish to acknowledge here. An other order of french french fries (free fries no less!) almost compelled me to attain out to this old lady. Yet a traditional, Midwestern, conservative background somehow reserved me. Iodine wanted to be compassionate but I also secretly felt like a "nut" for approaching this lady. Would she believe I am some sort of pervert? Would I pique her by offering her food...some eldritch deduction that she couldn't take attention of herself? Maybe I was crazy. After all, respective others had seen her and they didn't experience compelled to intervene. I wondered if I should be more than like them.

That's a chilling thought...was I already too much like them?

Our hero awakens.

In improver to the onion rings, I had purchased two hamburgers. I took one of the beefburgers and added it to the other order of french fries and drove over to where Olga was standing. I rolled the window down and simply said "I've been given other nutrient that I won't eat. Would you like it?" She smiled and timidly said "yes". Nothing more... no "thank you"... no "bless you"... just a quiet "yes". I mumbled something to the consequence of "God bless you" and drove off.

No good feat travels unpunished. It soon dawned on me that it was nearly 80 grades out and I had just given this homeless person adult female (yeah, like I am really going to believe the miss at "window 1"!) a sandwich and order of salty french fries - but nil to drink.

Hmm? I drove around the corner to a apothecary's shop and bought a big bottle of cold water. I returned to the parking lot. Olga was gone.

I returned to the business office but still couldn't agitate Olga's memory. She was certainly sad....maybe the saddest individual I had ever seen. What must her life have got been like to stop up like this? What had happened to her? Was she brought into this human race under the pretense of a parental love so full of hope and promise...only to have got her parents decease when she was a little girl? Was she born "slwo"? Did she just simply acquire knocked down one too many times? I don't know. I really don't.

For a long while I thought it was her sad state of personal business that kept Olga combustion in my mind. But it's not that. It was never that. It was her simple saving grace in allowing me to assist her. She simply said "yes". She had allowed me, for one legal brief moment, to sit in on a achromatic horse. She was a real-life damsel in distress.

Not so odd, I guess. I have got two little girls at place and they both return after my wife. They're so independent. They convert the human race that they can make anything - everything - on their own. Actually, that depicts most women I know. I can't even retrieve the last clip I met a adult female that was unafraid adequate to acknowledge she could utilize a small help. And no, fixing the lavatory and taking out the rubbish don't count.

For a little minute I felt needed in a manner that I haven't felt needed in a long time. By most of Society's criteria Olga doesn't charge per unit highly. By most traditional measurements she barely measure ups as a woman. She's not beautiful. Not glamourous or sexy. Not independent. But she made me experience more than like a "man" than just about any other adult female I have got ever met.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home